DON’T DELAY…APPLY TODAY!
You’re on your way to success!
Follow these simple steps to be considered for admission to LADO’s TEFL Certificate Program:
PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Your educational credentials (high school diploma/certificate, undergraduate or graduate degree certificate);
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae detailing your travel experience abroad as well as proficiency in other languages.
- Answer the following three essays (please be concise and to the point):
- What do you expect to accomplish by taking the program? (100-300 words)
- What unique qualities do you feel makes a good teacher? (100-300 words)
- Why do you want to become a teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages? (100-300 words).
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION
Please click here to begin the process.
REGISTER FOR CLASS
Once you have submitted your application, please allow 24 – to – 48 hours for notification of a decision. When you receive your acceptance e letter, please follow the accompanying instructions to reserve your spot for success.
Only three steps to achieve your teaching goals!
Follow these steps to be considered for admission to the LADO TEFL Certificate Program:
1 Prepare your documents
2 Complete your application
Please provide the following documents:
- Educational credentials (high school diploma/certificate, undergraduate or graduate degree certificate)
- Latest transcripts
- Resume including: Travel Experience and Language Proficiency
Three (3) essays in a word document or PDF
Required Essay: 1. What do you expect from this program? Where do you plan to teach afterward? (100-300 words)
Required Essay: 2. In your opinion, what qualities make a good teacher? (100-300 words)
Required Essay: 3. Why do you want to become a teacher of English to Speakers of other Languages? (100-300 words)
Non-native English speakers who have not graduated from an English-speaking university must provide scores from TOEFL or another internationally-recognized equivalent exam or take the LADO placement test (the minimum scores are listed below).
TOEFL Scores (iBT (internet-based exam)
- Writing: 25 out of 30
- Reading: 26 out of 30
- Listening: 27 out of 30
- Speaking: 27 out of 30
LADO Placement test: Level 11
In addition to the above, we may arrange an interview by phone or face-to-face.
The LADO TEFL program occasionally accepts applicants who do not meet all of the above requirements. If you feel that you might qualify, contact us for an interview.
Call (202) 223-0023 and ask for Shenaz Shaffee or email [email protected] for more information.
- Fill out our application form
- Upload your documents to your LADO account
- We will contact you within 24 hours
- When your application is completed, LADO will issue an acceptance letter to you
Don't think twice
Have access to great teaching opportunities with LADO!