Workshops / Skill Classes
Workshops / Skill classes are the perfect option for students who want to concentrate on specific topics for use in the day-to-day business, academic or work world. Classes are very affordable and students have the opportunity to interact with other students.
- Civics: Preparing for Citizenship
- Grammar: Practicing with prepositions, conditionals, specific verb tenses, etc.
- Speaking: Having conversations using everyday American Idioms
- Speaking: Having conversations using common Phrasal Verbs
- Writing: Basic Writing Skills
- Speaking: Creating Successful Class Presentations
- Writing: The College Academic Research Paper
- Writing: The College Application Process
- Listening: Advanced Listening and Note-taking Skills
- Reading: Vocabulary Enrichment
- Techniques for understanding and predicting
- Business English: The Job Application Process
- Professional Presentations: How to deliver powerful presentations and engage your audience
- Public Speaking: How to prepare speeches for a variety of ceremonies
Choose your own schedule and work one-on-one with a teacher to overcome specific obstacles and get individualized attention!
Tutorials are offered for students who cannot attend regularly scheduled classes or who want extra help outside of class. These special sessions are scheduled individually. Tutorials work best when combined with one of LADO’s regular programs.
10 hours minimum
$40/hour (1 student + 1 teacher)
$35/hour (2 students + 1 teacher)
$70 (One time registration fee)
LADO International Institute excels at preparing students to meet the challenges of a higher academic environment and to develop tried and true testing strategies. Both of these test preparation classes follow the Intensive Program calendar.
The TOEFL test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. It evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills when you perform academic tasks.
The IELTS Test is a test from the International English Language Testing System. IELTS is accepted as evidence of English language proficiency by over 9,000 organizations worldwide. IELTS is recognized as a secure, valid, and reliable indicator of true-to-life ability to communicate in English for education, immigration, and professional accreditation.
- Students planning to study at a higher education institution
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas
- Learn about the test format, testing process, and scoring
- Understand the format of the test as you review practice tests in a test environment
- Reinforce your grammar skills with particular attention to sentence correction activities
- Improve your listening, speaking, reading, vocabulary and writing skills for appropriate sections of the test
- Integrate your language and critical thinking skills for successful completion of the test tasks